Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday

It's Thursday. I'm glad because I don't have to go anywhere today. I'm still fighting this cold. I always tell myself, during sickness, that I will never take feeling good for granted again. But then I get better and do - human nature, I guess. Although, I do have to say, to my credit, that I think I complain less now about physical things after the year I had last year. Every day was such a struggle for so long after having the stroke. I got used to feeling bad. But then, eventually I did start to feel better and was fine up until my kids shared this cold with me. Just now I read a chapter out of our book on George Muller to them and I didn't know if I'd be able to finish the chapter - diminished lung capacity, I guess.

I look crummy, too. I had better do something with my hair before Paul gets home. He'll take one look at me and go screaming into the night. Will just leaned over my shoulder, read this, and commented, "Mom, you look the same as you do every other day." Maybe I'll go screaming into the night...

I'm going to send the boys out after lunch. Will is being awfully ornery toward his brothers and I'm tired of hearing David hollering about it. Maybe they can go sledding or play basketball or something and get it out of their system.

Back to my schedule...

1 comment:

  1. Ha, Will onery?! Do you have snow for sledding? I am sure you don't look as bad as you probably imagine that you do. =)

    ReplyDelete