Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trojan Time


Here's my tough looking Trojan! We got the pictures in the mail and Paul saw this and just howled with laughter. Poor Will - trying to look so mean and footbally! I didn't realize until he had these taken how much he's thinned out over the past year. His face has gotten longer and leaner.

Will's first game was Friday night. That was a Varsity game that he was asked to play in. Oh, my allergies were just so miserable during the game! I brought an entire tissue box and I used about half of it. We did a double take when we walked in. We're used to paying JV prices and it cost us $16 to get into the game! I hope that's just because it was at Carlisle - that the other 1-A schools will have cheaper admission prices. Otherwise, this could be a very expensive season! We about had to chain down Ben because he saw all these people from his school that he wanted to go talk to. And then Ben and David were squabbling, as usual. Oh, and we froze! It had been quite warm that day so we showed up in our shorts and t-shirts but as the sun went down the chill came on. But all that worth it when in the 4th quarter we saw Will trotting out onto the field and heard, over the speaker, "Number 7, Will Heywood, to kick." We were SO excited! He did a good job kicking and he also got to hold the ball two other times for other kickers.

Will was supposed to have a JV game this past Monday night against Martensdale but it had to be cancelled because they didn't have enough players - what?!? I've never heard of that before. So his first JV game will be a week from tonight.

Well, Will is off to practice now and I have to round up the other boys and head to Des Moines. Ben has his social skills class and then I need to run some errands - not the least of which is stopping by US Cellular. For some weird reason, my phone keeps shutting off. I turn it back on and it shows a full battery. Yesterday, I was registering Will and David for a hunting class and it shut off as I was talking to the lady - how embarrassing! Maybe they'll give me a brand new phone. That's what they did the last time I stopped in for a new battery. I can hope anyway!

Be back later with more news!

No comments:

Post a Comment