Sunday, August 8, 2010

Good Decisions


There's Sam doing what he does best - looking for danger. Oh, I think he was pretty safe here. I happened to glance outside and he was at the top of our 8 or 9 foot dirt pile. Well, he was safe as long as he didn't fall (he didn't)!


I forgot to mention some pretty exciting news in my last "regular" post. Will is getting baptized! We have been quite concerned as he has gotten older and still has never made that decision. David got baptized a year ago and made some pretty pointed comments at the time to Will about how he thought it was strange that he was getting baptized while being younger than Will. I know Paul has talked to Will about it a few times - not wanting to push, but wanting to make sure he understood the necessity of it. Our pastor has told us to be patient - it would happen when the time was right. So, two weeks ago Will was at Sr. High camp and I prayed that week, as I had in previous years of him camping, that he would make a decision that week for baptism.


So that Saturday he got home, about 3 hours after he arrived, Will casually mentioned to me that he had decided to get baptized. Oh, I was thrilled to hear that! He said that he had gone forward on Wed. night of chapel during camp week and as it turned out, our pastor was the dean up there that week and he was the one who ended up praying with Will. And he'll be the one to baptize him. I'm not sure when that will be - sometime this fall, I'm assuming. Last Sun. night when Will shared his camp testimony he mentioned his decision and admitted it was something he had struggled with for a long time. So, I'm smiling!



Our kitty, Annie, is still alive. She's still a house cat, although she is not content to remain in her box for long, any more. She likes to roam and that makes me nervous because she's still so tiny that I'm afraid somebody will step on her and kill her. I'm also not excited about having to chase down kitty poop or having her decide to sharpen her claws on my furniture. As soon as she learns to drink from a bowl, she's outside! We believe our other female, Mittens, is pregnant again. This is the third time she is showing obvious signs of that. But, we have never seen any kitties with her in the past. I don't know if they don't live past birth or maybe she miscarries. Or maybe she kills them herself. Some female cats will do that. It's just as well. I really don't desire to have a slew of cats around here. There are enough strays as it is. But we're keeping Annie - until the day she wanders out onto the road or crawls up under the hood of the van. That's why I try not to get too attached to our cats!

Sam calls Annie, "Kitty Baby." One day this week she was sleeping, which she still does quite a bit of. Sam started shaking her box and I cautioned him not to, lest he awaken Annie. Sam grinned and replied, "She already 'wake!" Yeah, no kidding - wonder why?!

One funny from this week: I was listening to one of my cds and there was a song on there from the Jackson 5. As I'm sure you know, Michael Jackson used to have an even higher voice then as he did as an adult. Well, Sam heard that and exclaimed, "Sounds like David!" Ha, ha, ha! David actually has a lower-pitched and soft voice when speaking normally. But when he gets excited - which is often - he does have a certain Michael Jackson type pitch!

Well, I have more to report, but I need to go feed the kitty again. She's pretty insistent when hungry. But, despite the claws, it's still easier than nursing a human baby - takes less time and no cracked nipples!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, there is a cure for those litters of unwanted kittens! Sorry, the animal rescue persona just HAD to come out.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete