Saturday, September 4, 2010

Still Waiting

Still waiting to go...But that's ok. I can caught up on this which will be one less thing to do when we get back next week.

As I mentioned in my previous post, we got the basement floor poured yesterday. Paul's folks drove up Thursday so I was busy all week with the cooking and cleaning for that. But his dad helped him quite a bit. Then yesterday we had some guys from church and our mayor come help us and we now have a basement floor! So I guess the next thing will be to get the floor laid for the new addition and then some steps down to the basement. Then we can move stuff down there! It's a huge, huge step of progress in this long, arduous process. If only we weren't poor - then we could just buy a place with the space we need (cue: "If I Were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof...)

Sam's latest thing is to call everyone "Poopy." I tried ignoring it, so the other night he was really amping it up, saying "poopy" many, many times. I steadfastly ignored him. Finally, he stopped and exclaimed, "Mom! I'm saying 'poopy'!" Yeah, he knows what he's doing. So now we're spanking for it. He's also been going around calling everyone, "Tower" and "Howard." I think he's trying to say "coward" but I'm not 100% positive on that.

Well, I think we're closer now to taking off. I'm ready for a nap, though! I'll be back late next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment