Friday, September 10, 2010

Miss Negativity


What a long, long week this has been since I last posted!


Well, we went on our camping trip. It was one of the most miserable experiences of my entire lifetime. That was primarily because of my hay fever. It was just abominable. My nose literally ran non-stop for 72 hours. I couldn't breathe at all and I rubbed my nose totally raw. Twice, we had to run to town to buy more boxes of tissues - and I had brought 3 boxes with me! I have to have air conditioning in times like this. We have it in the camper, but it wasn't working the greatest this weekend - argh!

And then I about killed myself Sun. night. Paul's brother-in-law lives for his boat. He's out on it a lot and so this year he bought a large, special, inner tube that the boat tows behind it and then someone can ride on it. So, he persuaded me to go on it, along with David, and his 9 yr old daughter, Kaylee. The kids were fine - I about died. I had to lay on it on my stomach. Every time we'd hit a wave (every second and a half) the inner tube would fly up and then hit the water. Well, I'd go flying up and then down hard on my life jacket. My chest still hurts! And so do my shoulders. I felt like they'd been wrenched out of their sockets. So, anyway, a rotten weekend, all in all.

But Will enjoyed it. There he is holding his 15" bass that he caught. He was pretty pleased. His Aunt Kimberly taught him how to butcher (fillet?) it and then he ate it!

My allergies have bothered me all week long. We got back Mon. evening and then immediately the next day I had to do my bi-monthly shopping. I had to rush home from that to go to Will's JV game which was 45 min. away in Pella. And then the next morning I had to finish my shopping. So I didn't have a chance to breathe until Wed. evening, really.

Ben is home from school today because of his allergies. And David's pretty stuffed up, too. Cannot wait for the first frost!

Oh, and about that football game Tues night? We drove there, using directions off MapQuest. Mapquest was wrong and we drove all over Pella trying to find this Christian school they were playing against. We finally had to stop at Caseys and got directions. So, we pay $16 to get in (another rant, some other time) and find that Will is sitting on the bench, icing his foot! I told Paul, "Please tell me we did not just drive all over kingdom come and paid $16 to watch our kid not play football!" He did go in later, little good it did the Trojans. They got beat 46-0.

Will ended up going to see his team dr. the next day. He's a chiropractor with a practice in Pville. Will's got an inflamed Achilles tendon. So, he's had him in an ankle brace all week and coming in twice daily for treatments. But he's ok to play tonight for Varsity. Apparently, Will is a regular now on the Varsity team, which is a great honor. However, it is pouring out right now so I don't think I'm going to make the game.

Ok, that is almost ALL of my bad news, so the next post is bound to be more cheerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment