Friday, July 2, 2010

The Missing Moon and Fourth Plans


It's a beautiful, sunny, 80ish day out today. Tomorrow we're supposed to have the heat and humidity normally associated with the 4th of July holiday, but today is good. I'm painting today - this time the back of the neighbor's steel building that is on the edge of our property. Have I mentioned how much I dislike painting? Nothing's changed there! But it will be nice to have that building all one color rather than the varying shades of white and gray that it is.


Next on my paint projects is the side of the house that faces the deck - should not take long. I had not intended to paint that but then I had to do some touch-up work when I painted the window edging black (I dripped). Well, the gray I'm now using is a couple of shades darker than what I originally painted that side of the house with - so it all has to be re-done now. Then, I'll be moving on to the kitchen. I had intended to paint it khaki, but I suddenly decided a couple of weeks ago that I like the yellow we have out here in the back room so much that I'm going to use it in the kitchen, too. Besides, this back room will not always be yellow. The plan is to take out the wall that divides it from the living room and make one big "C" shaped room. At that time I'll have to repaint so that the big room is all the same color scheme. I don't think I'm going to get out of painting any time soon!


We may be adding another vehicle to our fleet. Yesterday Will was thumbing through a local sale paper that comes weekly and calling out possible vehicles for himself to me - asking what I thought about different makes and models, mileage, etc. The kid has saved up a chunk of money over the years and is anxious to get his own vehicle because of a certain birthday arriving in 4 months! I guess I wasn't all that worried about it, figuring we'd figure out something for him to drive. But then this morning Paul was telling me there are two auctions next weekend nearby and both have vehicles for sale, either of which he thinks would be a good possibility for Will. Will doesn't have enough saved up to buy one all himself, but we don't mind helping him out, especially since we'd probably be using it, too.


So - yeah! We'll see what happens, I guess. I can't help but remember the 2 year old Will I once knew, the little, quiet guy who would studiously line up all his matchbox cars on the floor of our little apartment. Where did he go?


Sam's been a little more easy the past couple of days. He has discovered our sprayer in the kitchen sink and has been amusing himself with that quite a bit. I've been cleaning up a lot of sprayed water. I guess I could put a halt to that, but it keeps him busy and he enjoys it. He's getting picky about his clothes (shades of David). Today I wanted to put overalls on him, but he wouldn't wear that - insisted on a shirt and shorts. But he did cuddle with me on the couch last night as I watched the reality medical show, "Boston MD."


Sam's big thing is the moon. He is always quick to point it out when he sees it in the sky and more than once, he has dragged me outside, just to look at the moon with him. The other night we got home from church and Sam couldn't see the moon because - well, I don't know why. I guess it was hiding behind trees or something. So he dashes into the mudroom, grabs a flashlight, and announces his intent to go "find the moon." So cute! Paul took him for a walk and then eventually did find the moon and Sam was happy.


Paul and Will got quite a few blocks laid last night. The walls are taller than Will is now. It gives me hope that we may have this done before winter! Will leaves tomorrow for a week of working at camp, so Paul will be on his own, work-wise, this week. He goes on back-up the 9th and on first call a week later, so I'm not sure how much work he'll actually be getting done on the house, anyway. But he's been putting David to work, which is good.


I have just physically been dragging this week. I had a head cold a week ago which went away pretty fast, so I don't know if it's leftover from that or something else. It has just been such work this week to keep putting one foot in front of the other! And I'm SO tired and achy. I probably need to increase my Vit D intake.

Tonight is date night - I'm looking forward to that. I'm mostly looking forward to not having to cook, though! I suppose that means I'll have to scrub all this paint off my skin, though.

Tomorrow is Pleasantville's parade and fireworks since the 4th is on a Sunday this year. I think we're planning on making those. Then Sunday we have a potluck at church, an early afternoon service, and then we're on our own. Except, it's supposed to rain, so I'm not sure what, if anything, Paul will be able to get done on the house. We'll see.

Better eat lunch and then it's back to painting. Oh, and Sam just came in with wet pants - gotta do that first.


Happy 4th of July, Americans!

1 comment:

  1. I do hope that you take it easy and take cues from your body when enough is enough. Don't allow your self to get too worn down and compromise your health. Enjoy your 4th. :) We are going to take it easy and watch the fireworks from our backyard this year, which will be nice to not have to run anywhere for once. Happy moon hunting. We do the same here. :) Aiden is in love with pointing out the moon several times a night and won't give up til everyone acknowledges his finding. So cute.

    ReplyDelete