Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Song on My Heart Today

These words and the melody that goes along with them have been running across my heart since last Thursday. My heart is heavy and with tender with grief right now and Jesus cares - such a precious, sweet knowledge!





Does Jesus care when my heart is pained,
too deeply for mirth and song;
As the burdens press, and cares distress,
and the way grows weary and long?




Does Jesus care when my heart is pained,
with a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep nightshades,
does He care enough to be near?




Does Jesus care when I've tried and failed,
to resist some temptation strong;
when for my deep grief, I find no relief,
Tho' my tears flow all the night long?




Does Jesus care when I've said good-bye,
to the dearest on earth to me,
and my sad heart aches, till it nearly breaks,
Is it aught to Him? Does He see?




Oh yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.





1 comment:

  1. Have you heard Steven Curtis Chapman's new CD beauty from ashes (I think thats the name). It is songs he wrote the first year after his daughter died, it is tremendous and so universal in expressing the grief of a Christian heart. I love you Sarah - I pray this pain lifts and you can feel God's Glory. How beautiful that your friend is finding your child to hold, the thought of that brought me such a grasp of the love you had together. Those kinds of relationship do not ever die. God bless. Laurie

    ReplyDelete