Thursday, April 2, 2009

David's Kids

This morning I was putting away laundry in my bedroom and David (9 1/2) came in, plopped himself down on the bed, and said, "Well, Mom, I have decided that I'm going to have 3 kids." I said, "Oh really?" He said, "Yes. I'm having 2 boys and 1 girl. Their names are going to be Sally, Victor, and Bill." I knew about the "Sally" because David has been telling me for years he'd like to have a daughter named Sally someday. But "Victor" and "Bill" were news to me. I can see myself the grandmother of a little Vic and maybe a little Bill (although I like "Will" so much better!). Then David allowed that he'd have to find a wife that agreed with his name choices. He then went on to say that he didn't understand people who got to be really pregnant and still couldn't think of a name for their unborn baby. I'm with him there - I had my kids named before they were even conceived. But I had to smother laughter throughout this exchange. David is certainly a rare breed!Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment