Saturday, May 16, 2009

Slipping Through My Fingers


I thought I'd post a picture of how Will looked once he got all decked out in his wrestling gear. He did finally find two single socks, one black and one blue, that he decided would be a close enough match. I went outside and found that he had decorated himself with his hunting paint. Anyway, it just makes me laugh!
It also makes me a little wistful. Exactly four years from this weekend Will will march down the aisle to "Pomp and Circumstance" as he graduates from high school. There's a lot of growing that is going to happen between now and then but I can hear the clock ticking.
This weekend I rented "Momma Mia" with Meryl Streep. It's a great movie! In fact, as I type, I have it playing again, just to hear the music. It's all ABBA songs from the Seventies and there's one called "Slipping Through My Fingers" that just made me choke up both times I listened to it. It's about time and our children's lives, how it just goes so fast and how the days just slip through our fingers.
So I'm going to hold onto pictures like this one because soon they will be all I have as my boy becomes a man.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Momma Mia sound track. My husband suprised me with tickets to see the theater show a few years back and we HAD to buy the soundtrack on the way out of the theatre. Time does fly by!!! Love the wrestling pic. :)

    ReplyDelete