Friday, October 19, 2012

Bullet Points

I think this is going to have to be another "bullet-point" blog  otherwise I'll be typing until next Tuesday!

Tonight is Will's last football game - EVER.  I should be happy, right?  No more injuries, no more risk of permanent brain or spinal cord injuries...but I'm sad at the passing of an era in his life.

Oh, the cake - it had been a few years since I did a Halloween cake, so it was time.  I took that up to Waterloo a couple of weekends ago.

Ok, bullet points:

* We have a new dishwasher.  The one we bought in '08 quit working and Paul could not fix it.  4 years really does not seem like a very long lifespan for an appliance.  I was wondering if we needed to spend more money in order to have something last longer.  Instead, the very next day after we decided our dishwasher had gone to that appliance junkyard in the sky, Paul found one at the Habitat for Humanity resale store - barely used and for only $165.  I was electronically washing dishes again by that night!

* I got my story written for Tammy to do at church on Christmas Eve.  I did it according to her specifications, and she said she loved it - but then wanted to change it.  Sigh...but if I didn't agree it would sit on my computer, unused, so I guess it's better than nothing.  But the narcissistic part of me that is convinced my writing is golden and perfect the way it is just cringes to see any part of my work changed!  I think I need to get over myself.

* I got a call from the school principal a couple of weeks ago, asking me to be on the parental advisory board for the special education dept. at the school.  He said he wanted somebody who was "really involved with their children, reasonable, and well-spoken."  Well!  I think I should be flattered!  But there is a part of me that is suspicious that he just needed a warm body to fill a requirement from the dept. of education.  We shall see.

* Will's team has won their last 2 games, which is really amazing.  They had lost everything prior to that.  The first win was again SE Warren, who had also not won anything yet.  Evidently, they were convinced that they would win that game.  So shocked and upset were they when they were soundly beaten that 2 of the players and the coach promptly quit the team the following Monday! 

Ok, those are my bullet points for now.  There will be more in a little while!

No comments:

Post a Comment