Monday, October 5, 2015

Imperfect Mom

I was asked to put a blurb up on my blog about this post I wrote for the Imperfect Moms Confessional over at the Busy Being Blessed website.  I did not know what I was going to write about until I sat down to do it - about four days before my deadline.  I'm not known for getting work done too far in advance!  I ended up writing about Ben because...well, I'll just copy what I put on Facebook.  Here it is:

 I'm up today for the first time at the Busy Being Blessed website. When I was presented with the opportunity to write for their "Imperfect Mom" series, I was immediately attracted because I have always felt that my greatest areas of incompetency are revealed in motherhood. I am not a natural at parenting and even after being gifted with six, am not quite convinced I have it right yet. I ended up writing about Ben because, with it being his senior year, I'm naturally a little more blubbery about him right now. But more than that, God has used this child to teach me so much about Himself and what it means to love without reservation or expectation. For a long time I petulantly felt like I had been given a "broken" gift when he was born. It took a long time for me to figure out that I was actually the one who was broken. Here's some short thoughts about that:When God Messed Up my Plans

So, anyway - here's the article I wrote.  I don't think it's my greatest piece of writing and I've already found several things I wished I written better or added.  However, it seems to be getting a really good response despite that.  I think the one that touched me the most was a friend who said that it had been a really tough day with her 10 year old who has autism.  She said my article helped her get through it.

Maybe that's why I'm supposed to keep writing.

In February I'm going to write for them again, this time in an "Imperfect Wives" series.  I think I was more of one of those than I am an imperfect mom so it ought to be a piece of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment