Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mourning into Dancing

You have turned my mourning into dancing,
You have loosed my sackcloth 
and clothed me with gladness

Psalm 30:11

 I am dancing today.  After I published yesterday's post, we received the call we have prayed for.  Two little girls need a home and we've been chosen.  Things look very promising for a future adoption and after we have fostered the little ones for six months we'll have that option.

I can't talk a whole lot on a public blog about our girls while they remain in the system, but I can talk about me.  And I am rejoicing!  We both are.  I am excited and overwhelmed at the same time.  I've discovered that the girls will need just about everything, so I am busy composing lists of what to hunt for and buy and what we can wait to get.  Normally, one has 9 months to prepare for a new arrival - we have 12 days!

I got very little sleep last night because I could not shut off my brain.  It is just whirling.  I'm excited and I'm nervous.  Preparing for this time was one thing, but there is something about having the reality land on your doorstep.  I don't know how it will all work out.  I do expect times of great happiness.  And I also know there are going to be rough waters ahead as we seek to integrate these little girls into our family.  It was 9 months ago I wrote on my blog about how God had lead us to the point where we had decided to step out in complete faith and obedience and pursue adoption.  Now, we are actually stepping out of the boat.

I'm scared.

I'm exhilarated.

I'm trusting.

Everything will change for us on June 25.  Rejoice with us.  And pray, pray, fervently!

1 comment:

  1. WOO HOO! Wow 2 @ once. Are you able to share ages of the girls and how long they've been away from bio family (how long have they been "in the system". A dear friend of mine is fostering a 15 yr old girl with hopes of adoption, and now due to an emergency is caring for her 17 y.o. brother as well. The brother has been through a lot more and absorbed most of bio dad's physical violence and emotional violence so he is a handful-to put it mildly. She and her hubby had hoped to foster or adopt MUCH younger children, but they felt very convicted and with God's grace and energy! they are holding their own. I keep reminding her she is doing the Lord's purest work-she claims it gets her through some days. I will pray:) Let us know as you are able and pray for my friend-it is a challenge!

    Smiles & PROUD Of you!

    ReplyDelete