Sunday, February 15, 2009

Warts and Heavenly Pigeons



Sunday afternoon... Paul has been working non-stop since Friday noon on furnace calls. He's on call right now, which is why he is getting all the work. Not complaining - we definitely need those hours this slower time of the year! So I took the kids to church myself this morning.




Ben walked into my SS class complaining that his heel hurt. Why he had to come tell me right then, I have no idea. Well, he has mentioned that before in recent weeks and I assumed that it was just bruised. He's done that before. I don't know why I never looked at it. So, in SS class, in front of all my friends, I peeled off his sock and discovered a hole in his heel. I assumed it was a broken blister, took him back to his own SS class, and didn't think any more of it. When we got home this afternoon I went to put a band aid on his heel and I got to looking at it and then I saw another hard spot. He has plantar warts! I got those for the first time 2 years ago and suffered forever with them on my right foot until I finally went to the dr. a year ago. I saw that horrible Dr. G___ (who is currently being sued for malpractice - not by me - I didn't know he was being sued until later) who wanted to cut them all out of my foot! Fortunately, my friend Luanne pointed me in the direction of Dr. Groen, who happens to be a Christian, and he got rid of all mine in just 3 office visits. Paul has one now that he and Dr. Groen have been dealing with for several months. His is being a little bit more stubborn. So it looks like I'll be calling Dr. Groen in the morning for Ben. I don't know how that's going to work. Some of those treatments are kind of painful when he uses the laser and Ben is so jumpy and ticklish anyway. I'm going to have to sit on top of him to get him to stay still! Obviously, we are sharing this virus amongst ourselves. I suspect the shower is the culprit and we're probably going to have to start wearing shoes in the shower, which will be a pain. But I plan to ask Dr. Groen if he has any other ideas to stop this from spreading any further. Softball starts in 2 months and I know this won't be taken care of by then - Ben has enough trouble with running without having this added on. And he's moving up into the Major league this year, which is a little more competitive than what he has been used to.


On the way home today David was relating his SS story. I was only half listening. He said, "...and John the Baptist baptized Jesus and then a pigeon came down from Heaven and a voice said, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." I said "umm, hmm" and then what he had said suddenly registered. Pigeon? I asked David to tell me the story again and he repeated it the same way. He was quite upset when I began laughing uncontrollably! Now I'll never be able to hear this story again without thinking of David and the Heavenly Pigeon!


1 comment:

  1. LOL on the pigeon story. I love when kids say funny things like that. I hope that the Dr is able to take care of things quickly and as painless as possible.

    ReplyDelete